By car from Athens
Those of you who choose to visit Amarinthos by car have two options:
- The first route is to take the National Road Athens to Lamia (E75) and before you know it you reach Chalkida, the capital of Evia prefecture, which is just 75 km from Athens. After the second toll stay on the right side because after a short distance you will see the sign to Evia. You are still 15km away from the second largest suspension bridge in Greece that connects Chalkida and the rest of Evia with Viotia. Once you cross the bridge 30 km are left to reach Amarinthos.
- The second alternative route is via the ferry Oropos - Eretria. Those who choose this route will enjoy the thirty minutes ride with the Ferryboat from Oropos to Eretria. Amarinthos is just 10 minutes and about 8 km away towards the south.
From Athens by KTEL (provincial bus of Greece) or by OSE (Greek Railway)
- The provincial bus from Athens (KTEL) to Amarinthos departs almost every 2 hours. You can also reach Chalkida, the buses depart every half hour and the duration of the journey is approximately 1 hour, and then take another bus to Amarinthos. The terminal in Athens is at "Three bridges".
- You can also choose the buses that start from the "Pedion tou Areos", with final destination Oropos (length of route until Oropos 40 minutes). When you reach Eretria, after enjoying a 30 minutes ride with the Ferryboat, you will be just 10 minutes away fromAmarinthos.
- You can also choose to take the train from "Larissa Station". The train to Chalkida departs every 45 minutes (length of route until Chalkida 1 hour & 15 minutes). Then you have to take the bus to Amarinthos, a trip approximately 30 minutes.
From Thessaloniki by car
Coming from Thessaloniki there are two exits that lead to Evia:
- The first exit is shortly after you pass the city of Thebes. The signs will show you theroute, reaching Chalkida through Ritsona and the old bridge. The road is demanding and full of bends but will compensate you with a unique panoramic view of Chalkida and Euboean Gulf.
- If you want to avoid the previous route, go on and continue until the Schimatari exit, and then follow the road to Chalkida (15 km).
From Thessaloniki by KTEL
- From Thessaloniki to Chalkida there's a bus at nine o'clock in the morning and at four o'clock in the afternoon. You can also take the train (OSE) from Schimatari.
- Chalkida's KTEL (+30)22210-22640
- Chalkida's OSE (+30)22210-22384
Have a nice trip!